You can begin making money online by selling your goods on Jumia. For guide on which goods you can begin selling read our article on ‘How to begin importing goods from China for local sales‘. Before you begin selling, there are a few things to take note of:
- Jumia is a multi-vendor e-commerce platform. This implies you have different sellers selling on the platform.
- It is COMPLETELY FREE to begin training on Jumia. However, there are commissions that apply to EVERY SALES. Unlike Konga, Jumia does not charge any monthly subscription fees. Read more on Jumia commission rates here.
- You have to obligation to fulfill every order that is placed on your store. You do this by dropping off the order at any of the Jumia centers all over Nigeria.
- Jumia delivers the order to the customer, receives payment, and remits to you (less commission) after a specified interval (usually 7days).
Now to the steps involved to begin trading on Jumia:
- Register on the Seller Platform: Visit https://jumia_form.formstack.com/forms/become_a_seller_ng and complete the form.
- Before you can begin listing your products, you will need to complete an online test.
- After completing the test, you can send an email to email@example.com
- However, for your account to be verified, you will be required to come for a training session organized for vendors. These sessions normally hold every Tuesday and Thursday (Morning Session: 10 am – 11:30 am and Afternoon Session: 3 pm – 4:30 pm) at Jumia’s head office (109, Adeniyi Jones St, Ikeja, Lagos).
- It is only after completing the training that your store will be enabled to begin ‘Listing Products’.
- Sign-in to https://sellercenter.jumia.com.ng to begin listing your products.
For FREE consultation on how to open a store on Konga/Jumia/Olx/Jiji and what you can begin trading at very profitable rates, do chat online with us.
We also offer these professional services at a fee:
Contact us on 09036884308 for more details.